Wednesday, May 19, 2010

External Cephalic Version

What might be a the last family photo of 3?!?!
38 weeks 2 days. Morning of ECV

So yesterday Chris and I went into Norwalk Hospital around 11am for the attempted Flip of Baby Deuce. The chances of success are actually not great. About 58% to most recent studies. My doctors were not even sure if they would attempt the ECV for me because of my high risk pregnancy and complications from my blood clotting disorder. But Praise God they did, and we successful. Deuce is no longer breech but in the head down "ready position." It was a little uncomfortable and a lot of pressure, but overall not nearly the pain I had thought it would be. It also took less then 30 seconds probably to actually flip the baby. me and baby had to be monitored about an hour before and afterwards to make sure we were okay, but the actually flipping took no time at all. It makes it seem a little like it never happened. I have to attempt yesterday, and still today I am struggling with not freaking out that Deuce will turn back heads up. My doctor didn't give any actual numbers but according to my Internet research only about 4% turn back, but for some reason I can't shake the thought in my mind. So I am continuing to say my prayers that s/he stays down and we have a baby here soon. I am set for an induction on Monday the 24th, so just about 4 days from now. But baby can come anytime s/he wants! I am ready!

2 comments:

The Rich Family said...

We are praying for you and thinking of you during this exciting time:) Love, Jon,Dee and Mary Grace

Unknown said...

My son and daughter-in law live in Norwalk. They were told that their baby is breech and that she would need a c-section. I had a version myself with my third child and would like to know of adoctor that would help them. Can you let me know of the doctor who did yours.